If you wish to follow this blog by email, please enter your address here:

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Deux Week!!!!! (Week 2)

Heyyyyy Momma! 

I hope that your week has been amazing because mine has been full of miracles! The beginning of the week was extremely difficult. My companion was in a terrible mood.. I can't imagine how difficult it has been for him. I think it's amazing how he is strong enough to withstand the stresses of being at a place where nearly no one can speak his native tongue! Anyways, so the first couple of days were tough. However, like always Heavenly Father gives us a trial of faith before our witness (Ether 12:6)!! And I kept praying for help and looked for opportunities to serve him, whether it was picking up things he dropped, getting him a refill at lunch, helping him in french, smiling- anything! And Thursday was incredibly difficult as he had a melt down and got extremely frustrated with anyone and everyone he talked to. I was totally lost and devastated because I couldn't think of anything else that I could do. I came to the resolve that it would have to be the Lord's doing, and only He could speak to Elder Alvarez in the way Alvarez needed it. The next day, we finally had a legit conversation-like one that lasted more than 3 minutes and we were able to understand each other- it was such a blessing to my prayers! I shared with him about Enoch in the book of Moses.

6:31 And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying:Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?
 

6:32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.

7:13 And so great was the faith of Enoch that he led the people of God, and their enemies came to battle against them; and he spakethe word of the Lord, and the earth trembled, and the mountainsfled, even according to his command; and the rivers of water were turned out of their course; and the roar of the lions was heard out of the wilderness; and all nations feared greatly, so powerful was the word of Enoch, and so great was the power of the language which God had given him.


 (Moses 6:31-32 and Moses 7:13) ..  and I told him that he is Enoch! He and I both feel inadequate and unable to speak but it is the Lord's work and I know that the Lord will move spiritual mountains in us and the people in france as we have faith! Then, randomly Elder Alvarez asked me to give him a blessing. I did later that night and he was blessed to be able to hear the multiple languages and speak them as well. He was blessed to learn not only french, but english! And the very next day he taught better than any other time! It was amazing!! His attitude improved and he even made some jokes! 

He told me that before he joined the church (He has been a member for 3 years) he had hair to his shoulders. I said, "Oh really?", and he said, "Yeah! Like Osama bin Laden!". That wouldn't have been my first person to compare myself to but whatever floats his boat.. 

In class one day.. I don't know which because the days are all the same, but our teacher was teaching us about stress and asked, "What does stress feel like to you?". It took all I had to not say, "The feeling you get before the doctor says turn your head and cough!". 

On page thirty three in the Missionary Handbook we are told not to flirt, so whenever we see anyone flirting we yell, "Flirty-three!" \

OH! Sundays was amazing!! We watched the Testaments, and like always it hit me so hard! I am soooo excited to teach the people of France that Christ not only lives but has restored His church to the earth! We are not meant to live this life lost and afraid, but rather in love, confidence and joy, which we can all gain through the Savior! HE knows you by name and wants to help and heal you of all your problems! I know that this is true because I have felt the spirit of God testify to me that is true! 

Oh and mom, tell Kale and Sam I will write them soon! I haven't gotten the package yet because we no mail on sat or sun and mon was a holiday! I love you all!!!!

Elder Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment