If you wish to follow this blog by email, please enter your address here:

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Week 4. Time Flies!

Hello MADRE!!
   So I don't know about you guys but the time here flies by!! It's crazy! I'm pretty sure yesterday was the day I left to come here! I love it here :) This week has been amazing!! We have this activity called TRC, and well honestly I don't know what it stands for, but it where we get to have a 20 minute conversation with a member of the church in french, and Elder Alvarez and I walked in and the first thing the lady said was that we were illuminated with the spirit! Initially I was just so excited that I understood what she said, but then it hit me how cool of a comment that is! I hope that the people of France can see that there is something different about the missionaries- about the members! We have the fullness of the gospel of Christ! We should look different because we have the greatest joy the world knows! 
   Last thursday, my brain pretty much imploded with french! I was french fried! It was so bad I couldn't even read english right any more hahahha :) I thought that the word "principle" said "pringle"... That did happen to be right before lunch too soooo ;) hahah but don't worry, the spirit is helping me tons and my french is really growing! 
   There have been some amazing miracles this last week :) One of my teachers, Sister Coleman, told me that Elder Alvarez and I should read the Book of Mormon together out loud in comp study, but he should read in spanish, and I in english, and then discuss in french! And since we have, our companionship has grown so much stronger! We have become great friends :) Heavenly Father knows what He is doing with companions. :) And the Book of Mormon is incredible! If you have not read it, READ IT!! And pray to know if it is true. I have and I KNOW that it is true! It will fill your life with peace, joy, and love, which we all need! Give it a chance :)
   I got some sweet packages from the Austin Lucas family :) Thank you!! That was great! And I got a hat from from Grandma Dixie :) Thank you! The hat says #Awesome Future. And that's so cool because as a missionary I am bringing others the information to having an awesome future!
   I have been assigned as District Leader :) and I love my district! I have had the opportunity to give several priesthood blessings in the past week for those that are sick and overwhelmed and it has been incredible! I had the impression to offer them to the sisters and when I did, one of the sisters just turned to the other and asked, "How did he know?". The other replied, "The Church is true". And it is. She really needed some strength from Father in Heaven. At the end she said that it was exactly what she needed to hear. As a priesthood holder, you are just stating the words but it is the from the Spirit! I am so grateful for the priesthood power of God being back on the earth!
   The coolest part of the week was when I was called as district leader, I had some impressions to share with the district. I compared us to Enoch in Moses 6:31-34. 

 31 And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying:Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?
 32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.
 33 Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you.
 34 Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the riversshall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me.
 And it's amazing how much we each are like Enoch! We are lads, and the French may hate us, for we may be slow of speech. However! We are promised that if we open our mouth it will be filled! We are commanded to declare the gospel, and if we do, the Savior of the World will walk with us! I know that is true! His work and glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man! He wants each person to taste of the delicious fruit of his gospel!! And here is what we will become if we walk in faith: Moses 7:13. 

13 And so great was the faith of Enoch that he led the people of God, and their enemies came to battle against them; and he spakethe word of the Lord, and the earth trembled, and the mountainsfled, even according to his command; and the rivers of water were turned out of their course; and the roar of the lions was heard out of the wilderness; and all nations feared greatly, so powerful was the word of Enoch, and so great was the power of the language which God had given him.

 He will justify our words for He loves us and the people we are teaching! I then had them turn to Moses 7:18, and challenged our district to be united and not have any poor in spirit! 

 18 And the Lord called his people Zion, because they were of oneheart and one mind, and dwelt in righteousness; and there was no poor among them.

 For these are the final days and people have this chance now to hear the word of Christ! And I am so grateful I am apart of it! We are His warriors! And you don't have to be on a mission to be His warrior! Go and let your'e light shine! Share the gospel because there are people who are waiting for YOU! I love you!! The Church is true :) See ya in two hahahaha sorry lame rhyme! Love you :))))
Love,
Elder Jacob Lucas
   

No comments:

Post a Comment