If you wish to follow this blog by email, please enter your address here:

Monday, November 10, 2014

Going All Ammon!


Heyyy everybody! Sorry I didn't get an email out last week, I had no time :(( And this one may be sort of short. I am sorry. But some of you may know that things have been difficult here with my comp. He is finishing his mission and doesn't really have a desire to work and which is strenuous for a new missionary. However, even in this trial of faith I have felt the Lord's love for me each time that I pray. I feel His strength and His love surrround me every time! He is truly there for us in ALL of our trials and He wants to help us; we just have to ask. I promise that this is true! We are His children and He will guide us :) Never ever forget that :)

Other than that yesterday we got rocks and stones thrown at us by some kids. I was ready to go on all Ammon (Ammon is a missionary in the  Book of Mormon who is defending the Kings flocks and cuts off his opposers arms as they raise swords to kill him) but decided against it hahaha. Don't worry we got away and all worked out and no one got hurt. Well I am sorry this is so short but I have no time. But I love you all!!
 
Elder Lucas
 


Dad!! 

The language is coming along great! I pray every morning for the interpretation and gift of tongues and every day I learn a little more. I also carry around Grandpa's little Pocket dictionary and it helps soooooo much!! I also take notes in the planner of all the words I don't know that the french say so I can study them later:)
 
I will write Coach Bradley; It will be handwritten and I will send it to the house. He is a great man.
 
Gosh Sam is a monster!!! I am so glad that he is beasted it up! Always knew he would!!! Call dibs on being his number one fan! And when he tears it up next year, you can't let any girls be wearing his jersey!! Hahahaha je blague :) First TD!!! That is soooo cool!! I remember my first one too! And it's nothing like being able to bless the sacrament or bear testimony :) But I am so exctited for him!!
 
I am glad that Doug is doing well :) I have been emailing him and it has been good to keep in touch!
 
Interesting that you should ask about prep for the mish, I was pondering today over what I was doing last year and the year before that in November. And of course all the memories of running at 5 in the morning came back and working out on Christmas and Thaksgiving and the thought came to me: I can totally do this because I have done hard things my whole life! My football story is a miracle!! And miracles will happen here as well! And what helped me believe in miracles was scouts! Philmont was NOT always the most fun but it teaches you to persevere and find the joy in the little things. Having a trainer who doesn't really care at all is very hard
and one must endure! However life is not meant to be endured but enjoys! And there is a lot of joy in the tribulation. Like look at how much we laughed on Philmont! Kyle and I learned to work together which carries over into the state championship. Aaron Keeley became one of my best friends! Yes the cup may only be filled at the half but we choose if it is half full or empty. Learning to sleep in the snow and hike and endure most certainly prepares for the mish! You learn to trust yourself and most importanty the Lord- like my back being supported by angels at Philmont- those memories WILL help stregnthen and fortify on the mish. Sorry my spelling is terrible. I am trying to type fast because we don't have a ton of time.
 
GO Kale!! He is such a stud!! Tell him WHEH for me!! Love that kid!!!
 
Thyank you for your advice! I read your letters when times are hard. Truly I do think about those hard winter workouts with you and know that I can do this because it's not like what I haven't already done! I love you dad!! Thank you so so so much. You are my hero!
 
Love,
Elder Yo Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment