If you wish to follow this blog by email, please enter your address here:

Monday, November 17, 2014

The Stoning!


Bonjour!!
Alright so first the story about the stoning! It's like the prophets of the Bible!! Getting stoned by the people haha! IT WAS NOT LITTLE KIDS, its was like 17 year olds. We get off at this tram stop to pass back a guy that we had tracted into a couple of week ago.  There are 4 teens there and one starts rapping randomly and insulting us and our families and just being really crude. (It's like 730 at night but already dark) So we don't say anything but walk off and about 20 meters from the tram stop we are about to turn a corner, we see a rock about the size of my handspan hit the wall we are next to. Then one hits my comp in the shoulder. They are literally stoning us! Luckily they never hit me and my comp was completely fine :) But we kept going and they kept throwing rocks for about 3 more minutes and they just ran off... Unfortaunately the story isn't over. We pass back the house that we had planned to see but ended up not having time to teach a lesson because of how late it was. So we head back and actually go to the next tram stop. As we are walking we decided to call President to ask if we should report the offense to the police. While we are on the phone and walking to get to the tram stop, those same 4 kids show up. We don't know if they followed us or what,... it was unfortunate; So my comp walks up to them and says that he is sorry if we offended them but if they continue to act like they did we will have to call the police. They guy flipped out and was like, "I don't know who you are!" And then they started being super crude in whatever language they could think of. They threw some trash at us and some little rocks but no stones like before. One guy pulled a plant out of the ground and threw it on us. Like I said earlier I thought about Ammoning it up, but decided against it hahaha :) But eventually they left and we reported it to the police so hopefullty it's safer for future missionaries... I probablmy just worried every mother who just read this email... But don't worry because the Lord protected us and He will protect your children too when they serve :)
 
Miracle of the week! We were able to make contact with a guy that we taught a couple of weeks ago named Kmel, who had fallen off the face of the earth; Yesterday, I just felt prompted to give him a call like right then and then he actually answered! We have an appt tonight with him and I'm super stoked for it! Hopes that it goes great!
 
Here is a great quote that I heard a couple of weeks that I loved from another missionary!  

"When the Lord solves our problems, we have faith in Him. When He doesn't solve our problems, He has faith in us." 

Although some times are tough the Lord is with us through it all! I promise that for everyone :) He will protect you from your stones that are being hurled at you! For me I have seen such a great miracles with my french! It is really coming wonderfully and I understand so much more! :) I don't know how many of you are familiar with the analogy to the footprints in the sand, but it has always touched me. 

A man dies and He goes to Heaven and He is talking with Christ. While talking to Christ, he sees his life being symbolized by footprints. Sometimes there are two sets of footprints and others there are just one. Christ explains that one set is the man's and the other set is Christ's. As they continue to go in review of the man's life, the man notices that during the hard times in his life there is only one set of footprints. He then asks Christ why He left the man when times were hardest. Christ replies says, "Those were the times that I was carrying you;" And I promise that He is carrying us through those hard times! He is! There is a joke that adds onto the story: The man asks, "Ok well if that's when you were carrying me, what's that ditch over there," Christ says, "Oh that's when I had to drag you kicking and screaming." :)
 
Anyways, things are getting better here! The work is progressing! I love you all! Keep strong! The Church is true :) The book is blue : See ya in 2! Hahaha shout out to Aaron Keeley who gave that to me :) Remember you can do ALL things through Christ! I promise! You need only ask!
 
Sincerely, Elder Jacob Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment