If you wish to follow this blog by email, please enter your address here:

Monday, April 13, 2015

Bonjour!


Well well well :) What's going on Dad??!! 
Man it's interesting hearing about all the family travels and not being there haha! Haha, but I guess that I have done my fair share here with the exchanges that I get to go on! In the last couple of months I have worked in St. Nazaire, Angers, La Rochelle, and been to Rennes for a conference. It was actually this last week that we were in Rennes for a zone conference! It was amazing! I am really learning how to work with members and how to friendship them. My french is finally at a level where I can really communicate and develop a REAL relationship with the members and I am so excited! It's like I can finally be the missionary that I have wanted to be my whole mission. 
That's so great about Rory!! What a stud! It's so cool hearing about Bob serving int he Bishopric!  :) Every conference they talk about young men needing to get married, and it's so weird hearing about everyone getting married. I am going to be single for life ;) Haha just kidding I have to get married in my twenties sometime or I would be in that group that gets chastised every general conference hahaha jk :) 
That's so cool that they are wearing all my clothes!! I feel so loved ;) I am glad that Kale is growing in confidence. He has no reason to not be confident!! He is so great! And so is Sam I Am Ham :) I am sure that he could be a great missionary. He is an incredible young man. I am often lead by my brothers :) 

(We went to San Francisco this past weekend for Rory Waldman's wedding, Jay and Kale took the Bart in from the Oakland Airport at 9pm. They had to walk a few blocks to the hotel. At that time of night there were many cardboard homes set up on the street and it kinda freaked out Kale)


Yeah, I can understand how the homelessness can be a bit frightening... There are SO many homeless and drug addicts here... The other day this homeless crazy lady (we see her quite often.. Elder Meng named her Cheese Dreads because of her permanent dreadlocks) but she was dancing in the in an open sidewalk, like Zumba-but all alone! And she was going HARD! I felt bad for her.. They sort of just go crazy and forget who they are. It's incredible how the world can drown out what is right so easily. Hahahaha I literally laughed out loud with your stories of "HOBO" and "SMOKER" hahahaha :) Oh goodness that's hilarious!! (When Jacob was little (ages 2-6), we lived in Columbus Ohio, right downtown across from the hospital Jay worked at. Jacob would point out the "hobo's or Smokers" as we would drive or walk past)

I can totally picture Trevor hahaha hugging everyone :) What a stud! How's Kyle???? 
So update on the amis :) This week was really amazing!! Sabine is doing great!! We taught her the law of chastity and she went away with it realizing how she needed to teach her 16 year old daughter to control herself. Pretty interesting. But she is totally on course for baptism  for the 25 of April! Boo yeah!! We set two other baptismal dates this week. We have been teaching this African couple for a while, named Serge and Covali"e. I don't know if I have told you about them, but they have been struggling to be keep their exgagements, and we set a bap date with them for the 9 of May, but yesterday I talked to Covalie and they hadn't come to church because they were tired. It as super sad because we know that that is what will help them the MOST, and it was really interesting because I felt that I needed to be strong and bold and I told her how much I knew that this gospel would help her and how much Heavenly Father WANTS to help you in all your problems. But He cannot if you don't help yourself! And I told her that she hasn't done a lot of her part. And she needs to, or nothing is going to change. But, I then had an increase in love and told her how much I cared about her family and loved her family and how I knew that they could do it. She responded so well with a great desire to change and follow through. It was really cool! And although they haven't kept many of their engagements, they have prayed!! Don't worry, I complimented her on that like crazy :) (They have to know that you care) and before they were having serious issues as a couple but I asked Covalie if she had noticed a change since they have been praying and she said that now Serge is so much nicer. And Serge told me later that Covalie is being the wife that he has always wanted! It's incredible what the Lord will do if we will simply pray together as a family. It is truly a protection :) It was really cool! 

Miracle!! So, like I said in an email a while back, we had found a woman, named Agathe, and we ended up having to give her the soeurs. But this last week she had a huge problem because she was really struggling to believe because she was really struggling to stop drinking coffee and she knew that it wasn't said anywhere in the Bible that we couldn't drink coffee. And really it was the adversary just getting in there and making a little problem a huge catastrophe. But, it was so interesting because the soeurs told me that she was struggling and I had the impression to call and we had a really great conversation about what she DID know was true which was that the Book of Mormon was true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I also talked to her about how she knew that God would answer her prayers and that if she prayed to God, HE WILL TELL YOU WHAT IS RIGHT. And at the end of the conversation she was still a bit flustered, but agreed to pray. And she was still really struggling over the course of the next couple of days and then while she was praying she had a distinct memory come back which helped her see how this commandment was indeed right, even is small and not in the Bible. And just like that her heart changed and her confusion became a clear understanding and peace. She is going to be baptized the same day as Sabine. :) Even though she isn't our ami, I feel like she is hahaha!! I found her!!! He has been my tightest comp so far :) 

I can't believe that I only have two more weeks of the transfer left! I don't want to leave Nantes!! Not at all!!! I love it here!! I don't think that I will because I am training so let's hope that they keep me with my son :) We have had soooo much fun together!! He has been my tightest comp so far :) His personality is an interesting mix between Sam and Xander. It's pretty cool!

I love the elders in this apartment! We are becoming like a family and it is soooo much fun!! We have been really getting along and it's like my home away from home :) 


Here are some funnies: So the "Bonjour" is usually used as "Hello" and "Bonne journée" more of "have a nice day". And Elder Young got a little bit excited and this guys was walking to our apartment and we weren't contacting at this moment because we had to get home, but this man was walking up to us and smiled really big-he may or may not have been high-and gave a smile and stopped like he wanted to talk and Elder Young then said-trying to be polite of course-"Bonne Journée!!", or in other words "GOODBYE!!". Poor guy... hahhahah Elder Young didn't know the difference... Hahaha

Well dad, I love you so much!! Thanks for your great example and your testimony and how you have raised me to be strong and worthy of the spirit! I love you! 
Elder YO Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment