If you wish to follow this blog by email, please enter your address here:

Monday, July 20, 2015

Transfer Number 7! New Companion...

The hottest day ever! Studying Tom Sawyer style.





Hey Dad!! It's so good to hear from you!! 

Oh yeah we will be killing it in pool volleyball against Sam and Kale. I'll be coming back full man! I haven't shaved my chest since I've been here! You think that the magic carpets may be what mom bought, but just wait til I get home!! It'll be the two beauties against the beasts!! 

I just shared your experience of saving the boy who fell off the cliff with the other missionaries that are with me and we were all touched. Thank you for sharing that. 

Excerpt from Jay's letter to Jacob:

While on the trail heading to Head of Dean we came across a crew that was totally in
emergency mode. One of their scouts had fallen from a 14 foot ledge and landed on his head
and neck. He was totally amnestic, confused, slurring of speech and actually looked pretty
terrible. Ironic though that we come up the trail 2 minutes after it happens (about the same time
as our prayer) and have an ER physician and Orthopedic Surgeon who knew exactly what to do
to help the young man. We stabilized him and spoke with him and his crew. We asked his
leaders if we could give him a blessing (they were catholic and protestant) and they consented.
Larry anointed and I sealed and blessed, stating that he would recover and be healed, that the
physicians would know how to help him. After the blessing there was peace but then the patient
told Larry, “I see a light, bright light, go to light?” Larry said a personal prayer asking for him to
stay with us. We kept talking with the young man and protected him. We sent two scouts
ahead to Head of Dean for emergency personnel and the other boys carried backpacks up to
the camp. After an hour the young man came around and started to make sense. He was able
to finally get up and walk out to the camp. I felt it was a miracle.


Picnic with the Nancy district.
I have news!! So first off, Elder Karl is going to Colmar and I am receiving a new comp that is one of the iPad technicians! Super cool right?? we will be the zone leaders in Nancy.
Nancy District.

Elder Karl, Jacob's companion


So! TWO BAPTISMS THIS WEEK!!! One was here by our compship. It was Etienne, the son of Luis. It was Etienne's sister, Emilie, who was baptized a couple of weeks ago. It was really amazing! Luis did the baptism and it was so touching. They just hugged and held one another afterwards while In the font. The spirit was really strong! And Terrance, in Nantes, was baptized!!!!! SO HAPPY!! That one means so much to me because I found him on a bus on a day that was so hard! It was back when I was training and was district leader and had almost 12 exchanges to do. I was so tired! And I push myself to go all out and contact even on buses and trams, and on this day, I was so tired, but decided to find someone anyways. And it was him!! When I left Nantes, he had come to church once and was learning a lot. And since then he did not miss a Sunday at church and is sooooo strong! It was really a tender mercy of Heavenly Father because it goes to show how much my hard work does matter. We never know what we do to impact others' lives, but it means so much. Did you know that if you take all the people they know, and the people they know and keep going out like that 8 more times, it would account for everyone in the world? We CAN make a huge difference. The world is a lot smaller than it seems. Let the light out. 


Elder Karl and Lucas with Luis and his son Etienne.


It sounds like you guys are having a blast!! I am trying to do as much as I can as a missionary to enjoy all the moments I have. Two years is fast and I don't want to miss anything. At the beginning of my mission I thought that it was about contacting as many people as possible and almost just rushing around. But I have learned that it's about taking time with the people. The work is urgent, yes, but it to find someone to talk to. It's urgent to love. When you find someone then it's time to slow down and figure out how to love them. The most important person is the person in front of you. I am really loving it out here though. It's not just about teaching but creating relationships with people. People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. I just want to love people better and more fully. 

I love your ideas about the uniting the zone. I will do that. I will be in Paris with President on Thursday so I will get a chance to talk to him. It will be good. 

Dad I love you so much. Thank you for helping so much and always being there every step of the way. Bisous😘

Elder Yo!!!

Elder Karl transfer 14, almost time to go home, Elder Lucas transfer 7 almost half way done!



No comments:

Post a Comment