Hello everyone!! This week was fantastic!! There is so much that I have to tell everyone, that I don’t even know where to start :) so, let’s dive into the top 10 of the week or so!
Remember, these are not in order of best experiences... It’s more a random line of awesome memories that came to me as I reviewed my week :)
1. First off, we had a MIIIIIRACLE! On Saturday, we visited a family who hasn’t been active for probably 5 years or so. They live in SO far away.. It takes them around an hour and 15 minutes to get to church. But, they were offended by someone at the church, an had been putting off coming back for a while.. We have visited this family once before, with their home teacher, who happens to be our Ward Mission Leader, and they gave us the run down of why they aren’t active. So this time we talked with them about forgiveness. And when the were open, our Ward Mission Leader (who doesn’t speak very good French- he is from England), declared to them that he was going to give them a challenge! He then said that he wanted them to give him a date that they would go to the temple. It totally surprised them, but he was serious!! They made a goal to go to the temple by Easter of 2017!! We then asked them what the first step was to get there, and they said that they needed to come to church. They came yesterday to church!! And tons of members talked to them and they seemed to really have a great experience :) it was amazing to see how the BIG perspective of what really matters (the temple-eternal families) makes the little decisions (church every week) so much easier to make. I feel that that is a lesson that we could all use.
2. Today we went to a museum here in Arras. And it was SUPER cool. And since we are in France, they had signs and posters in French.. Well, I was using my iPad to define the words. One of the words was, “Préciosité””... So I’m looking for the translation, and the New Oxford Dictionary thing gave me, “Preciosity”... Hmmm... Well that gave me a great boost for my self esteem in English.. Haha I can’t even speak English ;)
3. Another note about the museum! A part of it talked about the Chateau de Versailles. It spoke about how the gardens, the sculptures, the foundations.. Etc. were actually to show how much power and rule the King had. It was really interesting to learn about because often times we see that people who had this much money during these times really weren’t happy. It brought me back to Christ’s teaching in Matthew. “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” If we truly want to have peace and happiness in this life, we will come to Him who gives us all. And then, we will go and forget ourselves in serving others. It may see, paradoxical, but as we lose our lives for Him, we will find them :) I know that to be true!! Serving others and loving them as God would have us do, is incredibly rewarding!
4. This last Sunday, a young lady bore her testimony, and shared an experience of which I was a part of. She was having a really hard time with a job, and wasn’t able to be as active in the church as she had wanted with the job. She was praying and didn’t know what to do, and asked me for a blessing. In the blessing, she was directed to look for another job. She quit her job, and yesterday she shared that since quitting her job, she has been able to go to temple, where as before she wasn’t able to. She shared about how much of a huge difference it is to her, and how much it has helped!! It was really amazing to be apart of that. God wants to be a part of our lives- even in the decisions like that. It’s up to us to make Him a part of it :)
5. So, we have these amazing iPads, and I’m so glad that we do! There is a feature that is on here, which is when you shake your iPad, it undo’s what you did... Well, I think that Apple may have out this in here just to make people like me look like a fool. I was on a train, and needed to use this “undo” invention, and well I’m trying to shake my iPad.. And the undo isn’t coming!! So I look like fool just waving this iPad around on a train... Yes, lesson learned haha.. Just find the “undo” button itself.. It’s sort of like when you’re trying to get the electric hand dryer to work after you was your hands in the bathroom and it just not coming... So you’re left doing this weird swiping dance, and you’re moving your body in a way that you normally wouldn’t- shouldn’t - haha.. Oh technology.. I hope that I’m not the only one with these problems ;)
6. Another Miracle!! We, as a district of missionaries (missionaries from Amiens, Arras, and St. Quentin) had a finding day in St. Quentin, for the elders and sisters that are there. And it was SWEET! Miracle central!! We found 10 new investigators there in about 4 or 5 hours!! I was on exchange with a zone leader, and we were with a member, and we had been contacting for a little bit, and out of the blue, he says that he has friends that we could pass by! And they were GOLDEN!! We taught them Restoration and two of the three, accepted the invitation to be baptized, in knowing that it was true. It was soooo cool!!! This next week, we will be having one of those days here in Arras :) so, don’t hesitate to pray for us!!
7. During the finding day, we had district meeting, and one of the zone leaders had a really great comment. He talked about putting our faith to the test. How much faith do we have to see miracles? How much faith do we have to find people? And out that faith to the test. Go and ACT with that faith. Exercise it. If we really have faith, we will lean on it and rely on it, and let it push us!! It was touching :)
8. Miracle!! We spoke with a lady at a bus stop who had just come out of the hospital, in Arras, because she was visiting her friend, who has cancer. After talking about her friend, we talked about if the lady believed in a life after this one. She said she did, but then asked us if Christ was really there. We promised her that He is, and I promise everyone who is reading this email, that He lives. He is our Savior, the Son of God. I know that to be true! I have felt of His redeeming love, and enabling power. And we were able to give some hope for this lady in this hard time in her life. We met with her the night following, and will hopefully be seeing her this next week :)
9. For service this week, we went to our Ward Mission Leader. We were working on a huge Book of Mormon stand that we willing be using for proselyting. While it was drying, he asked for help with the ducks. We helped him, as he killed the ducks.. Last time, it was the geese, and now it was two ducks. I never saw myself doing that when entering the mission field... But the new experience was plucking them.. We plucked two ducks... That was interesting to say the least... I had feathers all over.. It literally took about 15 minutes or so to get all the feathers out of my hair haha..
10. I had a really cool prompting this last Sunday. I was pondering on what the Lord would have of me, and I felt promoted to really focus on preparation. If the Savior Himself, asked me to do a special mission for Him right now (yes I know that I am on one for Him right now :) ) would I be ready physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually to just get up and go? I reflected on how I needed to be ready at all times to do His will! I need to be more prepared and trained spiritually to carry out His work. It really touched me. I hope to always be ready for when He calls my name-no matter where I may be.
11. Know that I know that this church is true :)
Love you all!!