Hello all my letter followers! First off, thank you to everyone who reads these :) you all are awesome! This week has been quite the experience :) new companion, cool miracles, and the realization that I'm coming up on the end... It's weird. So anywho, here are the tops!! 1. Alright so to start off, my companion is awesome! He is from California, is in his fifth transfer, and is ready to go! He speaks amazing French for a third transfer and is super fun! We get along really really well. What's interesting is that he has a medical condition where he stops breathing at night, so he has a mask that pumps oxygen up his nose. It's sort of like Bane from Batman. What's weird is that when I got here an elder had left a plastic bat over my bed, so it's like I'm batman and he is Bane! But darkness is my ally ;)
2. We saw an amazing miracle this week! We invite some youth to come teach with us but the investigator didn't show up. But across the street was a man who was working in his garden. We offered our help and he accepted. We worked with him for about 45 minutes and shared a brief restoration message. We later prayed with him and he was open to us coming back!! Oh yeah!!!! Super cool! He is from Iran and it was awesome!!!
3. I have really been searching and seeking out answers to my questions in the gospel. I think that it's really interesting how it all started with Joseph asking a question. But he didn't have an experience until he asked another question! God will answer but he waits for us to give the questions!!
4. I love that we are counseled to renew our testimony. This morning after reading from the Book of Mormon asked God if it was true and He told me that it was. I was filled with an incredible joy and peace in my heart. It's so hard to describe it but I absolutely loved it! It was truly amazing. I know that if you read it and ask that God will not only tell you that it is true, but will tell you how much He loves you at the same time! God is love!!
5. My son (he trained Elder Young when he first came out hense "his son", Elder Young is also from New Mexico) in the mission is my new zone leader! Elder Young!
6. Yesterday we had a phenomenal lesson with Thérèse! She opened up and told us about how she had lost her daughter. And we were able to tell her how Christ not only suffered her sins and allows her to live with her daughter again, but suffered for her pains in losing her daughter. We then challenged her to read the Book of Mormon with her member friend and she is doing it!! Wooooh!!