If you wish to follow this blog by email, please enter your address here:

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The Best Two Years!

THE BEST TWO YEARS!!!!!!


WHAT A TRIP!!!! What a life changing experience. What am I supposed to
say about two whole years??!!

Well, I feel that the most appropriate thing to say would be the
lyrics to the beautiful hymn, “I Believe in Christ”. HE IS MY KING!!
My mission would be nothing without my Savior. With all my heart to
Him I will sing!!!

He is the theme of my mission and will be the theme of the rest of my
life. I would never have been able to make it through these two years
without Him. He has lifted me, carried me, succored me, again and
again. He is our Almighty God, and He lives.

So often, we are tempted to think of ourselves and what we want. We
think that this is our mission and we have our goals, and we surely
learn somewhere along the way, that this has NOTHING to do with what
we want!! This is all about Him! He, who made it all about us!  It
reflects the theme that I read from general conference that life is
nothing unless it serves others. A life lived for just ourselves
fails.  Not only, do we not help our brothers and sisters, but we lose
ourselves in the way. We are never able to see life for what it is if
we are constantly looking in a mirror. And all of us must come to
learn to look to Him, and then reflect the life that He has for the
rest of the world. This is His mission, and I hope to-no scratch that,
I WILL- give Him the rest of my life!

“I believe in Christ, so come what may. With Him I’ll stand in that
great day, when on this earth He comes again to rule among the sons of
men.”

I, like everyone else, has had difficult times, and I can say with
complete trust and pride in my God that if we put our trust in Jesus
Christ, then we will always come off conquer!! I have seen miracles
great and small out here in two years, but also during the course of
my life. I would never have been able to do all that I have don’t
without my God. My Christ, my dear friend, has had to reach down and
lifted and weak; scared, and desperately struggling for air,
boy-me-out of the seas of my life and mission. “The soul that on Jesus
hath leaned for repose, I WILL NOT, I CANNOT, desert to His foes, That
soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake, I’ll never, no never,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake.”  My Jesus didn’t forsake me,
and I will not forsake Him. It’s the promise that I made when 8 years
old and it’s the promise that I make again and again during the
sacrament.

So with pride and confidence in my God, I say with all humility that
He lives. With Him, come what may!! I testify with all my heart that
God never gives us more than we can handle, and it’s true because of
Him. It’s not so much of what we can do, just us, but what we do with
Him. He suffered and drank the bitter cup ALL ALONE so that we would
never be alone. Never -ever. It’s like the parable of the footsteps in
the sand. When we look back on our lives, we see two sets of
footprints. One is our’s, and the other Christ’s. And then we see that
during hard times, there seems to be a reoccurring pattern that there
is only one set of footprints.. And we question where He was in the
hard times. And so we ask Him. And His simple reply is that during
those times, He never left us. In fact, He carried us.
My dear friends, if I could say anything about the last two years, I
would simply say that He lives. I know it! He loves you. Come to Him.
Let Him in. Search Him out. Let Him comfort you. HE IS THE MESSAGE. It
has nothing to do about me or my last two years. If you want to think
about me, think about Him instead. He will do you a lot more good than
I can. Never forget that He is there. I know it.

I love you all, and will see you all so soon. Thank you for the
prayers and examples. You all are amazing!


Elder Jacob Lucas


No comments:

Post a Comment